acceleration property returns the amount of acceleration recorded by the device, in meters per second squared (m/s2).
DeviceMotionEvent. In this situation, you'll need to use
var acceleration = instanceOfDeviceMotionEvent.acceleration;
acceleration property is an object providing information about acceleration on three axis. Each axis is represented with its own property:
- Represents the acceleration upon the x axis which is the west to east axis
- Represents the acceleration upon the y axis which is the south to north axis
- Represents the acceleration upon the z axis which is the down to up axis
|Device Orientation Events||Working Draft||Initial specification.|
|Feature||Chrome||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari (WebKit)|
|Basic support||(Yes)||6 (6)||?||?||?|
|Feature||Android||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||IE Mobile||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile|
|Basic support||(Yes)||6.0 (6)||Not supported||Not supported||4.2|
- Detecting device orientation
- Orientation and motion data explained
© 2016 Mozilla Contributors
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License v2.5 or later.