Returns the rate at which the device is rotating around each of its axes in degrees per second.
var rates = instanceOfDeviceMotionEvent.rotationRate;
rotationRates property is a read only object describing the rotation rates of the device around each of its axes:
- The rate at which the device is rotating about its Z axis; that is, being twisted about a line perpendicular to the screen.
- The rate at which the device is rotating about its X axis; that is, front to back.
- The rate at which the device is rotating about its Y axis; that is, side to side.
|Device Orientation Events||Working Draft||Initial specification.|
|Feature||Chrome||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari (WebKit)|
|Basic support||(Yes)||6 (6)||?||?||?|
|Feature||Android||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||IE Mobile||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile|
|Basic support||(Yes)||6.0 (6)||Not supported||Not supported||4.2|
- Detecting device orientation
- Orientation and motion data explained
© 2016 Mozilla Contributors
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License v2.5 or later.